Spokane Community College -
About Class Waitlists
Student's Responsibility, or
Everything you always wanted to know about
Waitlist, but were afraid to ask...
Class Waitlist is an electronic process for adding students to full
classes as openings occur.
How to Place Your Name on a Class Waitlist
- Obtain the four-digit ITEM number of the full class for which you want to be waitlisted.
These numbers are available on the Class Schedule or under Class Waitlist Inquiry on the myBigfoot portal.
- At Web Registration,
enter the four-digit ITEM number of the class for which you want to be waitlisted.
On the first day of the quarter, if you remain on a waitlist and are in one of the first five class
waitlist positions, you are encouraged to attend the class that day and speak with the instructor about
becoming enrolled. It is up to each individual instructor how to proceed with additional enrollment once
Student Responsibilities - Class Waitlist:
- Check on your waitlist status; waitlisted students are automatically registered into the
class when openings occur.
- Pay all tuition and fees incurred when enrolled from a class waitlist into a
- Remove yourself from a class waitlist if you no longer want to be enrolled into the
waitlisted class, select the class waitlist from which you want to be removed, and submit your selection.
- Officially drop any class you no longer want.
- Provide the college with your current email address at
https://secure.scc.spokane.edu/wts/sa/ or in person at the Registration
desk in the center area of Building 15.
Class Waitlist Policies:
- For Spring Quarter 2015 (see list of classes at
class waitlists will remain active from February 26, 2015 through April 3, 2015.
- From February 26 through April 3, as openings occur in waitlisted classes, students will automatically be enrolled
each evening from the class waitlists into the open seats. Only students on the class waitlists are eligible to fill these open seats.
- After April 3, when the class waitlist is inactive, students can continue to register into an open class from the waitlist
IF they are currently in the FIRST position on the waitlist.
- Students cannot be added to a class waitlist after March 28, 2015.
- Being on a waiting list does not guarantee registration in the class or that a new section will
be made available for the same time frame or instructor.
- Tuition/fee charges will not include these classes until you are registered in the actual class.
- You may only be on one waitlist for a particular course.
- If you are on financial aid, this could affect your funding; keep in contact with the Financial Aid
Office if you are less than full time without this class.
- Registration-blocking holds (for example: parking tickets, library fines, bookstore holds, or other fees owing)
block automatic registration into classes from the class waitlist.
- Your name will be removed from the class waitlist if you have a registration block that has not been cleared by
the time your name moves to the number one position on the class waitlist.
Class Waitlist Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I decide to add myself to a class waitlist?
- You definitely want/need this particular class this quarter.
- You have met the prerequisites for the class.
- You are willing to change your class schedule, if necessary.
- Your daily schedule can be rearranged on short notice.
- You are able to pay any additional tuition/fees out of your own pocket.
- You have taken care of any registration blocks. Registration blocks prevent automated registration
into classes from a class waitlist and your name will be removed from the class waitlist if you have
a registration block that has not been cleared by the time your name moves to the first position on
the class waitlist.
How can I check my Class Waitlist status?
- We have created a Class Waitlist Inquiry feature accessible through the myBigfoot portal
at https://mybigfoot.spokane.edu/?page=PV4&path=external. The link is located on the Tools tab.
- You'll need to know your student network login information and/or your student identification number
(SID), your personal
identification number (PIN), and the four-digit item number of the class.
What should I do to make Class Waitlist work for me?
- Make sure the college has your current email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Clear your records of any holds (e.g., parking tickets, fees owing).
- Check your schedule often and carefully, adjusting it when necessary.
- Pay all tuition and fees by the date they are due.
- Spring Quarter: Tuition and fees are due in full on March 19, 2015. If you are added to a class
from a class waitlist after March 19, pay by 4:00 PM on the third day after add date (e.g., if
class is added Monday, 3/23/15, pay by 4:00 PM Thursday, 3/26/15) or be dropped.
How will I know if Class Waitlist registers me into my class?
- Look up your information using the Class Waitlist Inquiry feature accessible through the myBigfoot portal
on the Tools tab
- It is advisable to look up your class waitlist information daily. A
confirmation will be emailed to you, but you may not receive the notification prior to your tuition
How often do I need to check my Class Waitlist status?
- FREQUENTLY - Use our Web registration system often to check your schedule.
- Remember, if you are automatically registered into a class off of the waitlist, it is
your responsibility to have checked on your Class Waitlist status and to pay all additional
tuition and fees by the time they are due.
When is tuition due?
- For Spring Quarter 2015, tuition and fees are due in full on March 19, 2015. If you
are added to a class from a class waitlist after March 19, pay by 4:00 PM on the third day after add
date (e.g., if class is added Monday, 3/23/15, pay by 4:00 PM Thursday, 3/26/15) or be dropped.
How do I remove myself from a class waitlist?
- Using the Class Waitlist Inquiry feature accessible through the Tools tab of the myBigfoot portal
at https://mybigfoot.spokane.edu/?page=PV4&path=external, display your
waitlists, select the class waitlist from which you want to be removed, and submit your selection.
What if I haven't gotten into the class I wanted from the waitlist prior to the start of the quarter?
- If you are in one of the first five class waitlist positions on the first day of the quarter,
you are encouraged to attend the class the first day of the quarter and speak with the instructor about
becoming enrolled. It is up to each individual instructor how to proceed with additional enrollment
once classes begin.
- ISAC - introduced fall 2013: You must use the ISAC form to request instructor approval to
ADD any credit class between the second and fifth day of the quarter.
Learn about ISAC by logging into the myBigfoot student portal at
https://mybigfoot.spokane.edu and clicking on the
Instructor Signature to Add a Class (ISAC) link in your Personalized Tools.